Here are some frequently asked questions. I hope you find the answers helpful.
Coaching is a professional relationship in which the coach, using a skillful process informed by science, facilitates a conversation that empowers the goal pursuits of their client.
The majority of my coaching takes place over the telephone in the privacy of my office. A small percentage of my clients prefer using an internet based application such as Skype or Zoom, while others prefer meeting in person. I find Coaching over the phone is more convenient for my clients and adds a layer of anonymity and safety which is helpful when discussing current life situations, goals, obstacles and their desired outcomes. Whether over the phone, the internet, or in person, the coaching process works!
I create a coaching environment that is warm, open, relaxed, safe, thoughtful, encouraging, positive, challenging and lighthearted. Humour is an essential part of my personality that naturally shows up in my sessions. So it’s safe to say that my coaching sessions are not an intensely stressful experience. You can expect some laughter and an easy conversation. That is who I am and what I have to offer.
My Coaching Philosophy is grounded in my belief that every client I work with has the potential to overcome their obstacles, to be resourceful, and to achieve their goals. I believe that each of us has the wisdom and the courage to shape our lives regardless of where we are in life at this moment. Your possibilities are endless when there is no one judging you or holding you back! That is my philosophy and what I offer you!
My coaching methodology is grounded in the applied science of positive psychology. Every coaching session is uniquely tailored to every client's needs. I use my specialized training in active listening, conversational intelligence, emotional intelligence, positive psychology and my own life experience, to create a relaxed and open environment for an insightful conversation. I'm very happy it has been an experience that has worked well for my clients.
Like many of my colleagues. I call my clients directly for each of our scheduled coaching sessions. This is a process that is cost savings for my clients, and helps to give them additional time to be in a comfortable place where they feel free to speak openly and without distraction.
Every 60 minute coaching session is broken down into 5 powerful steps. This helps to maximize the time we have working together. Your time is precious!
DWM LIFE COACHING INC. - CODE OF PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
1. I will be guided by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and conduct, in the proper manner, the common laws followed by all Canadian citizens.
2. I will conduct my professional practice with honesty and integrity.
3. I will maintain privacy and confidentiality with respect to information related to my clients and colleagues.
4. I will maintain the coaching relationship without exploiting the relationship for social, personal, or financial gain.
5. I will maintain an awareness of the impact of my behavior during coaching and after the coaching relationship has terminated and avoid any action that uses
the imbalance of power to exploit the client for my own personal ends.
6. I will commit to the evolving process of ethical thinking and to finding ethical solutions to problematic situations.
7. I will assume responsibility for my own emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health.
8. I will recognize and respect the diversity to be found among my clients and uphold the value of freedom of expression. I will recognize and respect that their diverse personalities, styles and backgrounds contribute to positive coaching opportunities for both clients and colleagues and for the growth of the profession as a whole.
9. I will inform clients in the initial interview of the terms, fees and conditions involved in the coaching process.
10. I will not enter into a professional or external financial relationship with my clients.
11. I will not engage in sexual inappropriateness or sexual activity with my clients.
12. I will respect the clients right to choose the coach and the coaching plan that best meets their needs. If the client chooses not to work with me, I will assist the client in finding another coach if requested.
13. I will work with my clients to resolve any conflict or issue that may arise during the coaching relationship in good faith.
14. I will not sell or exchange client information for my personal gain or benefit.
15. I will commit to the regular review and update of this Code in accordance with the professional standards set-out by the International Coaching Federation and the International Association of Coaches.
16. I will commit to the value of learning and the importance of education through course training, reading, journal reviews, seminars, peer associations and internet based resources.