Here are some frequently asked questions. I hope you find the answers helpful.
Coaching is a professional relationship in which the coach, using a skillful process informed by science, facilitates a conversation that empowers the goal pursuits of their client.
The majority of my coaching takes place over the telephone in the privacy of my office. A small percentage of my clients prefer using an internet based application such as Skype or Zoom, while others prefer meeting in person. I find Coaching over the phone is more convenient for my clients and adds a layer of anonymity and safety which is helpful when discussing current life situations, goals, obstacles and their desired outcomes. Whether over the phone, the internet, or in person, the coaching process works!
Every coaching relationship is built on the foundation of confidentiality, compassion, knowledge and change.
As a coach, I strive to create a working environment with my client that is open, relaxed, safe and productive.
Many of my clients have commented on their feelings of being fully heard, respected, supported, encouraged and challenged.
I am always humbled and appreciative for their honest feedback. It is an essential ingredient for learning and growing as a coach.
Most importantly, however, is the acknowledgement that I am providing every client with the value they expect for the time and money they have invested in me. That is critical for me as a professional coach.
Be forewarned, I love to laugh. It is an essential part of my personality that naturally shows up in my sessions!
I believe that every client I work with can boldly and successfully face their daily challenges, overcome their obstacles, be resourceful and to achieve their desired goals.
Each of us has the ability, the wisdom and the courage to change our lives regardless of our current circumstances or where we find ourselves in life at this moment.
Our possibilities are truly endless when we learn how to live with the everyday “things” that are holding us back, or getting in our way, from living a full life, on our own terms.
Coaching is, in part, a structured conversation that is focused on the individual needs and goals of each client.
This conversation can take place in person, over the phone or the internet.
Every session is uniquely tailored to what works best for each client.
My approach to coaching uses the tools of the 21st century.
Every client I work with has secure access to my coaching platform over the internet. It is the hub that allows me to be accessible to every client 24/7. It is the one central location for all our coaching communications and activities.
Having a secure location that allows my client to schedule a coaching session, check on their progress, see their actions and activities, a private two-way point for communication with each other, a secure method to pay for coaching and so much more. This allows me to deliver the best coaching experience which is critical to our coaching relationship.
I believe that harnessing the power of the internet makes the best use of your time and my skills to make your coaching experience a successful one that is both easy and as uncomplicated as possible.
This is why I require all my client’s to have access to the internet via a smartphone, tablet, or laptop or desktop computer.
Exceptions are possible. Please contact me if that is a concern of yours.
My method of coaching is grounded in the applied science of positive psychology and other science-based skills and techniques. Including, active listening, solution-focused coaching, conversational intelligence, emotional intelligence. And my own life experience. To name a few.
Like many of my colleagues. I call my clients directly for each of our scheduled coaching sessions. This is a process that is cost savings for my clients, and helps to give them additional time to be in a comfortable place where they feel free to speak openly and without distraction.
Every 60 minute coaching session is broken down into 5 powerful steps. This helps to maximize the time we have working together. Your time is precious!
DWM LIFE COACHING INC. - CODE OF PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
1. I will be guided by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms and conduct, in the proper manner, the common laws followed by all Canadian citizens.
2. I will conduct my professional practice with honesty and integrity.
3. I will maintain privacy and confidentiality with respect to information related to my clients and colleagues.
4. I will maintain the coaching relationship without exploiting the relationship for social, personal, or financial gain.
5. I will maintain an awareness of the impact of my behavior during coaching and after the coaching relationship has terminated and avoid any action that uses
the imbalance of power to exploit the client for my own personal ends.
6. I will commit to the evolving process of ethical thinking and to finding ethical solutions to problematic situations.
7. I will assume responsibility for my own emotional, mental, spiritual and physical health.
8. I will recognize and respect the diversity to be found among my clients and uphold the value of freedom of expression. I will recognize and respect that their diverse personalities, styles and backgrounds contribute to positive coaching opportunities for both clients and colleagues and for the growth of the profession as a whole.
9. I will inform clients in the initial interview of the terms, fees and conditions involved in the coaching process.
10. I will not enter into a professional or external financial relationship with my clients.
11. I will not engage in sexual inappropriateness or sexual activity with my clients.
12. I will respect the clients right to choose the coach and the coaching plan that best meets their needs. If the client chooses not to work with me, I will assist the client in finding another coach if requested.
13. I will work with my clients to resolve any conflict or issue that may arise during the coaching relationship in good faith.
14. I will not sell or exchange client information for my personal gain or benefit.
15. I will commit to the regular review and update of this Code in accordance with the professional standards set-out by the International Coaching Federation and the International Association of Coaches.
16. I will commit to the value of learning and the importance of education through course training, reading, journal reviews, seminars, peer associations and internet based resources.